Posted: August 26, 2018
Every so often I get an inquiry from colleagues, friends, or family about what I am listening to. Although it does rotate and evolve, I do have a relatively steady listening diet of podcasts.
By no means is this a comprehensive list of what’s out there, but it does provide a good foundational mix for me in technology, business, infosec and more. Let me know what recommendations you have.
In no particular order other than general categories
- Darknet Diaries: Fascinating true stories from the dark side of the Internet
- Security Now: Steve Gibson covers the latest infosec news while exploring and going deep into various technologies, protocols, designs and more
- Defensive Security Podcast: Cyber security podcast covering the latest infosec news on breaches and strategies for defense.
Startups & Businesses
- Masters of Scale: Host Reid Hoffman interviews some of the biggest names in business and tech to learn how founders grew their companies from zero to amazing
- Dear HBR: Useful advice for workplace dilemmas
- Indie Hackers: Conversations with founders behind profitable online businesses
- Planet Money: NPR provides candid news on the state of the global economy combined with interesting interviews surrounding market impacts to business & society
Software, Tech, Privacy
- Software Engineering Radio: An educational resource on software development: processes, design, architecture, and more,
- Software Engineering Daily: Go deep on software development, products, and services
- The Changelog: Informative and interesting interviews with hackers, leaders & innovators surrounding software development
- The Arhitecht Show: Software Architecture & Technology discussions with great interviews to boot
- A16z: Andreessen Horowtiz discusses tech, culture trends, news and the future
- Techstuff: Various technologies, company origins, and more discussed in depth of the “how”
- Note to Self: Manoush Zomorodi questions and challenges our relience on technology, the value-add it provides, and our privacy - for the better.
Mind Expanding aka Brain Food
- Hidden Brain: Shankar Vedantam helps curious people understand the world - and themselves
- Crazy Genius: Big questions and provocative conclusions about technology and culture
- Ted Talks Daily: Talks range from how to reduce poverty to bracing for the upcoming Singularity. Rarely does it disappoint.
- Make Me Smart: It rose from NPR’s MarketPlace. “B/c none of us is as smart as all of us”
- Stuff You Should Know: Fasinating topics that take you from the surface of the information into the depths of knowledge
Drumming / Percussion
- Modern Drummer Podcast with Mike & Mike: Thorough product reviews, events & news with a good touch of self deprecating humor.
- The Trap Set with Joe Wong: Intimate 1:1 interviews with some of the best drummers and percussionists of the time.